Saturday, May 1, 2010

1 Month Old

Charlotte was 1 month old yesterday, it seems like this first month has gone by fast, but at the same time, it seems like she's been here for longer than that. She is a great little sleeper, I remember being much more tired with Parker at this age. I stay up until 11pm, sometimes midnight still because I know if I feed her any earlier she'll wake up twice to eat. The later I feed her, she'll only wake me up once. I will get on a better schedule soon, but I am a night owl so it doesn't bother me to stay up late. Last night was her first all-nighter, she slept from midnight to 7am. But usually I get a 5 hour stretch out of her at night. She is definately growing like a weed, all of a sudden she fits into her 0-3 month clothes that didn't fit her last week. We don't go back to the Dr. until next week for a weight check but I'm guessing that she's over 8 lbs. now. Newborn diapers only fit her for 2 weeks, we are well into her stock of size 1's already.
I can't wait to get a smile out of her, & not one from gas or as she falls asleep making funny faces. Parker smiled at us at 6 weeks, so maybe soon for Charlotte too.

Parker is pretty good with her, but we have had a few jealous moments, especially when I'm feeding her. Hitting & poking mostly...I definately don't leave them alone even for a second. And she can't keep a passy for anything, we go through about 10 a day & Parker always has a pink passy in his mouth. Like as we speak, he just threw the Boppy pillow at her in her swing. Ace is tending to that one.

So dare I say it, but she is an easy baby so far, sleeps well, eats well, poops well, what more could I ask for from a 1 month old! Could we possibly be lucky enough to have 2 easy babies? Knock on wood.

Here is baby Charlotte at 1 month:



Here is a side by side of Charlotte & Parker at 1 month, what do you think, do they look alike? Other than the fact that she has dark brown hair & he had redish-brown hair at that time...yea, as I'm writing this I'm looking at these pictures & thinking, no they don't look much alike. But sometimes Ace & I look at her & think she looks just like he did as a newborn. I guess we'll see as she gets older.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Adorable. She's so cute. Parker will come around. He's lucky because you two have enough love to share with both your babies. Once he realizes this, he'll become that protective older brother! :) Poor girl won't be able to date with that big brother. And Ace.

J&J Hof said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how fast she is growing. I am so glad she has been a good baby for you and that Parkie and her for the most part get along. They will be great playing buddies soon. I am really missing me some Parkie, so I can't even imagine what I am missing with her. Time could not go by quick enough so I could meet the newest Howell. How are you feeling? Miss you and send all the kiddies my love!

PP said...

Hehe! I got to witness a passy theft 1st hand :)!!! I think when she was a week old he started stealing the passy. Funny! They are both dolls. You're a lucky mama!!