Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Year in Review

YES, I have been on quite a hiatus from blogging...life is unbelievably busy with a 2 & a 4 year old. I just haven't found the time. But so much has happened in the past year (as one would expect)! Well, over a year ago we moved into our new house, I don't think I ever even posted a picture of it. Even though I haven't been blogging myself, I have *somehow* found the time to scour other people's blogs on the Internet...mainly decorating blogs. I am obsessed. I love looking at other people's decor & getting ideas on cute DIY projects for my own home. Soooo I think I'll change up this blog a bit & add some of that in. I'm ALWAYS doing projects, weather it be making curtains, doing art projects, painting a room, changing up my decor, decorating & re-decorating Parker & Charlotte's rooms...the list goes on & on. So I'll include posts about that stuff when it comes up.

Our home est. 2011

We love our new neighborhood. We moved out to the Suburbs - as in Cumming - because we decided that's the life we wanted for our kiddos - a neighborhood with a pool & tennis courts - & tons of kids. It reminds me of Mayfair, the neighborhood I grew up in. I have the best memories of that neighborhood so that's what I wanted for Parker & Charlotte. 
We took a chance in moving here because Ace was still working out of Atlanta & we were very concerned about his commute. But God had a plan for us & Ace left his company & started his own company in November of last year. I was terrified since he is in the construction industry & many companies have not made it through this tough economic time. I am happy to say that it was the best move he could have made, Headwaters Construction is alive & well & growing every month! And his office is in downtown Cumming. Perfect. Of course he's still all over North Georgia going to different jobs they are working on, but that's the nature of his work.

Parker & Charlotte - they are getting so big - TOO Big! Ahhh! Here are pictures of their 1st day of pre-school this year - Parker is in the 4's & goes 4 mornings a week & Char is in the 2's & goes 2 mornings a week. Parker is in a class with 10 boys & 2 girls - it's totally wild in there! His poor teacher! And Charlotte luvvvs school - and apparently sings all day long. Her teacher says she is the star singer at Parkway - ha!


Oh and Charlotte got glasses! Isn't she just the cutest?!


Anyways, I'm glad to be back and I'll try to update more consistently from now on!

Erika


1 comment:

LJHoefer said...

Love love love that you are back blogging. I missed pics of my sweet Parks and Char! Your photography is theBOMB.com, too!