Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yellow River Game Ranch!

Today Lindsay & I took advantage of this lovely February weather by taking the kids to the Yellow River Game Ranch, a place my sister & I frequented as kids. Apparently all my parents can remember from taking us as kids is that they always feared for the bunny's lives - there is a bunny-only area that the kids can chase (& squeeze) the little bunnies as long as their little hearts desire. My parent's said Lindsay & I (especially I) used to chase, catch, & squeeze those bunnies until their eyes were popping out of their heads (according to my Dad). I remember especially loving the baby bunnies, I would chase them into their little safe-holes & reach in until I caught those little boogers & then I'd huuuuuggggg them. I loved baby-anything as a little girl.

Well, now (probably due to kids like us) they only have adult bunnies in that bunny cage. And those adults are fast. Parker caught up to one (who was apparently sleeping) & P got to pet him...& of course I was in there too. Charlotte was unimpressed by it all, maybe next year...
Here are some pictures of Parker & the animals.





Charlotte just hung out in her stroller, enjoying the warm sun








Parker's new hat

No comments: