Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birmingham Weekend

We went to Birmingham to visit the Bakers & Baby Bradford last weekend, this is Bradford lying on my belly / Baby Charlotte. Isn't it sweet?



The kids all had their matching pj's on with their capes - playing dress up is big at the Baker house right now.

Ace, Parker & Knox in the back of the new Mini -- yes I got a minivan -- or "swagger-wagon", that's right, no one in the A got swagger like us... But to defend the new VW Routan (which I thought was the coolest minivan on the market), everything, I mean everything is done with the touch of a button & it has more cool stuff in it than I ever knew they put into cars these days. You will not understand the importance of DVD players, bucket seats, under-floor storage, seating for 7, push button doors, ect. until you have at least 1, maybe 2 kids. I just decided convienence (& safety of course) was the most important thing to me at this stage in life. Maybe it had something to do with feeling like a "fat man in a little coat" (translation - 8 months pregnant in an Audi A4) but I really love my new living room on wheels.
Which brings me to my next point, I was sitting at the gas station the other day & I had the radio on 95.5 The Beat (hip hop music) & I opened the door & the guy next to me looked at me funny & I all of a sudden came to the realization of, OH can I still listen to this sort of music since I'm driving this minivan now?! What else can't I do anymore? I've always had pretty cool/young cars, & I'm not sure how to act now. Ace told me to go get an I-phone so at least I still look cool outside of the car.
Ace said "we can drive this for like 10 years honey!" I said, "great, just in time for my mid-life crisis to begin..."

Parker acting silly at the big Chili Cook-off in B-ham

1 comment:

J&J Hof said...

SWAGGER WAGON! I understand why you got it and I am so glad you love it. Our priorities in life change, especially when it comes to precious cargo.

It was great catching up with you the other night. I love and miss you guys so much.

Send Parkie some loven' for me! XOXO