Thursday, June 18, 2009

1st Word?

So we think Parker may have said his 1st real word tonight.....& it was....drumroll.....

MAAA MAAA!!! (& it sounded just like I wrote it)

What do you think, let me set this up for you...we had him in his crib & we were standing in front of him & he was saying ma ma ma ma ma, just babble but still ma ma ma ma ma. Then I said who is this, & pointed to him (Parker) & he got all shy & quiet, then I said "who is this?" & pointed to myself, & he wrinkled his brow like he was getting ready to try really hard, & YELLED out MAA MAA!!! & then was silent. Yes that's right, just 2 "ma ma's". So I am going to go ahead & say that Parker's 1st word was Ma Ma.
I mean, it's not like I have been practicing with him everyday in 1 hour incrememts with flash cards & rewarding him with lolly pops when he says ma ma or rewarding him with green beans when he says da da or anything like that. I mean, it's not a competiton. (I won).

1 comment:

chbaker said...

Precious! You deserve the first word! Both my kids first word was Ella. How do you think that makes me feel? Thanks for sending the lovies. Knox was excited to have is "Dog" back.